Customer Terms of Service and Policy Agreement
To maintain the high quality, safety, and consistency in our work, here are our Service Policies.
Kindly take a moment to review them, so we are on the same page about what we can expect from each other.
If you have any questions or special requests, please contact us before you book your cleaning or before our cleaning professionals arrive for your scheduled appointment.
Please inform us if your place has been occupied or is occupied by persons with symptoms of COVID-19, before and after our cleaning.
- Satisfaction Guarantee—We believe in providing excellent service, and your satisfaction matters to us. If you’re not reasonably content with your cleaning, notify us within 48 hours. We will come out and re-clean your place within a 7-day window for free. If you still don’t reasonably think we did a good enough job to recommend us to your friends, we’ll refund your money.
- Security—The security and safety of your home and property are paramount to us. Maid8Nice has General Liability insurance coverage. We perform background checks on our cleaning professionals (employees or independent contractors) and make sure they are sensitive to proper security and access procedures when cleaning your home.
We try to work with each customer to establish a routine for servicing their homes. We use several options for entering and exiting your home, including:
- Letting us in on the day of service (if you’ll be home when we arrive or remote access capability)
- Providing us with a spare key under a mat, plant pot, or other hidden location (which we use and return or leave in the house when finished)
- Providing us a lockbox, keypad, or garage code
What happens if you’re not home during an appointment?
For the safety of your place, property, and our cleaning professionals here are our security policies in your absence:
- Security alarm systems—If you have a security system, you don’t have to disarm it for our appointment. Our cleaning professionals can disarm and re-arm most home security alarm systems. At times customers will assign us a temporary or unique code. Your security alarm company can help you program such codes. Please provide us with detailed instructions before your appointment if you choose this option.
- Unknown persons—Our cleaning professionalslock the door after they arrive and will not allow access to unknown persons without your prior written permission. Email and text messages will suffice.
- Workers—For best service results, kindly avoid scheduling other appointments when our cleaning professionals are cleaning your place, especially jobs that could impair our quality of service because of distractions, noise, interruptions, or creating additional messes. Please remember that our cleaning professionals are there to do their job, not to deal with other workers. Our cleaning professionals will not let in other workers.
Please inform us as soon as possible before your appointment—preferably when booking—about what security options work best for you, and we will try to accommodate your request.
- All taxes are included in any prices we quote.
- Hourly rates are billed by “labor hour.” For instance:
- one cleaning professional for 1 hour = 1 labor hour
- two cleaning professionals for 1 hour = 2 labor hours
- We reserve the right to adjust our rates and pricing policies at any time. That said, if our rates increase, we will honor your existing booking price and not increase your quote.
- Cancellation & Lockout Fees—We must assess cancellation and lockout fees because when we schedule your appointment, we reserve a team for the anticipated timeframe dedicated to your cleaning requirements specifically. Our fees are:
- Cancellations: We assess a $70 cancellation fee if you do not cancel your appointment by 5pm on the day before your scheduled cleaning.
- Lockouts: We will charge 50% of your scheduled cleaning fee ($70 minimum charge) if we arrive at your place and cannot gain access or are not allowed in.
- Referrals—Receive Bonuses and Discounts when you refer us to family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else who would benefit from an awesome cleaning experience. Check our website and social media pages or contact us for more details.
- Payment—We seek to make payment straightforward and seamless. Here are our policies:
- All payments must be made through our secured website (www.maid8nice.com) and may be facilitated with help from our Customer Service Representatives.
- Our cleaning professionals are not authorized to take payments. No payments are to be made to our cleaning professionals.
- A valid credit card must be on file to complete the booking process.
- We accept all VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- We pre-authorize your credit card for the quoted amount for your service the day before your scheduled appointment (24 hours).
- Bookings made on the same day or with less than 24 hours before the cleaning time is planned will have pre-authorization done immediately after the booking process.
- Payment is due the day of your cleaning, and your credit card will typically be charged the day of service upon completion of business.
- If your payment is not authorized, you will be charged an additional $10 inconvenience fee per invoice.
- If we cannot collect on past due payments, your account will be forwarded to our collection agency.
- Declined Credit Cards—All declined credit cards will result in an immediate termination of booking. We will reach out and try to resolve these conflicts as best we can but cannot guarantee your previously scheduled cleaning time will be available after you provide us a chargeable credit card.
- Let the Cleaning Begin—The Ideal Cleaning Setting:
- We’ve found that cleanings go smoothest when no one is home. Since that’s not always possible, please reduce as many distractions as possible so we can work safely and uninterrupted.
- Kindly try to schedule your cleaning when there will be fewer people at home.
- Please keep children in another area because we work with equipment and products that may not be safe for them.
- Getting Ready for Your Cleaning:
- You don’t need to clean up before we get there—that’s our job! However, please pick up, remove, or stowaway potentially dangerous, fragile, or obstructing items as much as possible. For example, clearing the floors of clothing and toys and clearing surfaces of small items such as pens, coins, and documents. That way, our cleaning professionals can focus more on detail and quality for you.
- Please don’t worry about countertop appliances and small pieces of furniture—we clean and move those as we go.
- Please set your air conditioning unit between 68 to 74 degrees, especially during the summer months. We won’t clean in houses that are too hot and pose safety risks to our cleaning professionals.
- Pets—The last thing we want to do is upset your pets as we clean, and we’ll work with you to make the experience as pleasant for them as possible. Here are our pet policies:
- Let us know ahead of time if you already have arrangements in place for your pets while we clean.
- For hygienic purposes, we don’t clean up after sick pets or pet accidents.
- Please secure any pet that may pose a threat or feel overwhelmed by our presence.
- Please secure any pet that will likely try to run out the door or escape the house.
Ultimately, you are responsible for your pets. Maid8Nice will not be held responsible for the safety of pets.
- Fire Arms—For our protection and yours, properly store and lock away all firearms before we clean your home. We will not clean any rooms with visible unsecured firearms. Also, please do not leave firearms under pillows or mattresses or other places where we likely pass or clean.
- Trash Disposal—For safety and hygiene purposes, we cannot take trash with us. Please provide us a place on your property where we can leave/dispose of your trash.
- Cleaning Products:
- We use a variety of approved household cleaning products. However, we sometimes use stronger products as needed or by customer request.
- If you want us to use your cleaning products, please contact us for pre-approval. We will try to accommodate your request, but can’t guarantee approval.
- Breakage—Your property matters to us, and we do our absolute best to prevent breakage! Please take a moment to review our breakage policies:
- Please move unstable breakable items, such as expensive figurines or glassware, to where we don’t clean or have us skip that area if you do not wish to accept the risk.
- Kindly note we do not clean inside curios cabinets, china cabinets, or clear wet bar shelves.
- Sometimes breakage occurs when there are “booby-traps”—accidents waiting to happen. For instance, pictures not hung securely, or top-heavy items with unstable bases, wobbly, tippy objects. We shall not be responsible for “booby-traps.”
- If we become aware of damages to your home or items in your home during our cleaning, we will notify you accordingly and begin our grievance process.
- We review each incident case-by-case.
- We will only cover the cost of repairing or replacing items when their breakage value is verified. Breakage must be reported within 2 days of service. Please save the broken item for our inspection (we may also ask for pictures to verify breakage).
- In some cases, we may choose to have the broken item repaired by a professional restorer.
Kindly note that by requesting us to clean valuable items in curios or china cabinets, you release Maid8Nice from all liability arising out of cleaning these items.
- Wear & Tear—The longer we live in our homes, the more wear and tear it accumulates. Some areas and items are more prone to wear and tear, including baseboards, showers, carpet, floors, and window tracks. The build-up of dust, dirt, mildew, excessive water spots, and soap scum and deteriorating grout and other sealants impact results. These areas and items often require more than one cleaning to improve in appearance or may not change visible appearance at all.
- Special Policies and Service Limitations:
- Cleaning higher places—Our cleaning professionals do not climb higher than a standard two-step ladder. For safety reasons, we cannot use customers’ ladders or climb higher than two steps. We will try to reach all visible places either by hand or with an extension duster to the best of our ability. We can reach up to two-stories with our extension duster to clean higher ceiling fans, ceilings, and lights. Please let us know ahead of time if you require such cleanings, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Cleaning blinds and shutters—For slat-by-slat blind or shutter cleaning, slats or shutters must be at least 2 inches wide. We do not service mini blinds. Blinds may need to be vacuumed before they are wiped; this will require more time. Maid8Nice will not be held liable for blinds or shutters that have dry rot, sun damage, or are not installed properly.
- Dust—Cleaning inevitably stirs up dust. We try to limit the dust in the air but cannot prevent this entirely. Please allow for some dust resettlement after we leave.
- No restorations—We are not a restoration company and cannot perform certain services because of insurance and safety concerns.
Services we do not offer include:
- Disassembling light fixtures and seals on shower doors or other items
- Disassembling furniture and appliances (besides oven racks and refrigerator shelves)
- Lifting or moving items over 15 lbs, including refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, beds, sofas, etc.
- Lifting or moving large, highly valuable, or fragile items
- Removing permanent stains from furniture, floors, cabinets, carpets, etc.
- Carpet steam cleaning
- Hand-scrubbing or steam cleaning floors
- Washing walls
- No exterminations or hazardous cleanings—We are not an extermination, mold, or biohazard remediation company. We will not service properties, areas, or items reasonably showing evidence of hazardous matter or situations. We reserve the right not to clean (or immediately stop cleaning) if there are signs of the following non-exhaustive list of problems:
- Pest infestation: termites, cockroaches, bedbugs, fleas, larvae, etc.
- Animal infestation: birds, mice, rats, bats, etc.
- Excessive or uncontrolled mold or bacterial growth
- Human waste, blood, and bodily fluids
- Other hazardous situation(s)
Please note: we charge our lockout fee of 50% ($70 minimum) of your scheduled cleaning costs if we reasonably assess a hazardous environment that could impact our cleaning professionals’ safety and health before we start. We reserve the right to charge a higher percentage or for the full job if our cleaning professionals have substantially completed the job before it is cancelled.
Let us know if you have any questions or special cleaning requirements before your appointment.
- Holidays & Closings—We close for regular business to celebrate these holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your scheduled cleaning falls on one of these days, we will contact you to reschedule accordingly or make alternate arrangements as required.
- First Time Service—Based on the size of your home and any service add-ons you choose, your booking includes a maximum amount of labor-hours we’ll spend completing the work outlined in our service checklists, which can be reviewed on our website.
Here are important details about our pricing:
- To verify accurate pricing, we may check the size of your home against public records.
- Because we do not perform a walk-through to verify the size and condition of your home before service, our pricing reflects assumptions based on the typical time and effort required for similar cleaning packages. Our prices do not reflect cleaning significantly larger properties, substantially different or demanding customer requests, or unusually messy, dirty, or hard to clean areas or items (such as post-party clean-ups, hoarding, etc.).
- In such cases, please contact us as soon as possible before your appointment so we can give you the best quote, and our cleaning professionals are better prepared to serve you.
At your time of service, our cleaning professionals typically perform a brief walk-through before starting work. They note any items or areas needing special care and specific instructions from you. They then assess if the package you bought allows them adequate time to complete the job properly. If we cannot reasonably complete the work in the estimated timeframe, you may: (1) add more time to the job, or (2) have us focus on your top priorities within your allotted timeframe.
We add time in 30-minute increments charged at $35 per labor-hour for up to an additional six labor-hours.
If you need more time than this, we highly recommend a second booking to complete the work.
- Recurring Service—We offer significantly discounted fixed prices for recurring visits. To do this, we assume you’ll require similar cleanings during each visit. If there are substantial changes to the amount of work involved or clutter to handle, we will contact you and reassess our prices accordingly.
- Small Requests—All small requests, add-ons, or swaps must be added to your appointment through our customer service representatives to ensure (1) we can provide the service you’re requesting, and (2) our cleaning professionals have enough time and the right equipment and supplies for the job. Although we work hard to satisfy you, we cannot guarantee that we can perform every request. We will inform you when we can’t.
- Non-Solicitation Agreement—We invest substantial time, energy, and expense into our screening andhiring processes, so our cleaning professionals deliver you high-quality service. Maid8Nice values our cleaning professionals and customers and strives to have one of the lowest turnover rates in the nation. To safeguard our relationships, reputation, business, and service quality, all our cleaning professionals and customers must agree to ournon-solicitation terms and policies. Help us maintain our fantastic service by not soliciting or directly hiring our cleaning professionals for you or others. Book through us, and let’s all enjoy a wonderful experience!
By booking our services, you agree to the terms and policies above. You also agree that soliciting or directly hiring our cleaning professionals for you or others harms Maid8Nice, giving us the right to terminate your service, void any unused gift cards, and seek legal remedies, including monetary damages.
Quality Control and Feedback—We pride ourselves on providing premium service, and your feedback and reviews matter. We need your input on the overall experience and quality you are receiving so we may address issues important to you and our other customers.
Please take a few moments to follow-up on our email requests for feedback after each visit. It is interactive and dependent on your feedback and communication to work. Thank you for being so awesome! We value and appreciate your business.
To improve or respond to various obligations, Maid8Nice reserves the right to adjust these terms and policies at any time.
I have read, understand, and agree to the Terms of Service above.